The Community Support Programme is available to community supporting organisations with an income of under £100,000 per annum on their most recent published accounts. The application process is completely online.
The programme operates through the delivery of a range of half day skills development and capacity building workshops aimed at small groups of employed staff and/or volunteers who will use the skills learned to further develop their own, or other organisations' skills and capacity within their community.
Whilst the programme content may vary from year to year, the 2021 programme will likely include the following workshops:
- An overview of fundraising through bids and events
- Recruiting and managing volunteers
- Budgets and accounts made simple
- Making the most of the media
Workshops for 2021 will be launched as soon as possible
RECRUITING AND RETAINING VOLUNTEERS
If you need volunteers to make your organisation work, then you will know they don't grow on trees, and they take a lot of work getting, and keeping. With over 35 years experience as a volunteer and 30 years recruiting and managing them, our trainer knows a bit about what works and what doesn't - and what's more he's happy to share his good and bad experiences to help you. So why not join us for our 2 and a half hour workshop on a date to be advised at our Trimingham base, in North Norfolk. Places cost just £15 per person, or you could apply for a bursary grant to cover your costs, To book. e mail email@example.com
FIVE STAR FUNDRAISING
We all need some funds to keep our organisations running, so when it comes to what type of funds, and where does the money come from it can all be a bit of a minefield. If you are new to a fundraising role, or just want a refresh, join us for our skills workshop on
a date to be advised at our Trimingham base
where we will give you some expert advice and some pointers drawn from good and bad experiences. Places cost just £15 per person, or you could apply for a bursary grant to cover your costs, To book. e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can apply for a bursary support grant?
- Community organisations with an income of under £100,000 per annum and whose purpose is to support the development of individuals and services within communities can apply for PAID places on the workshop programme
- Community groups with an income of less than £25,000 per annum can apply to a bursary fund with grants of up to £100 to fund volunteers to access the programme